John Warrillow is the creator of The Value Build System, a statistically proven methodology for improving a company's value by up to 71%. He is the author of the best selling book "Built to Sell", which was recognized as a top business book in 2011 by both Fortune and Inc. magazines. His new book, "The Automatic Customer" was released earlier this year.
Here are some of the key points shared in this episode:
- The first goal to create a business that can thrive without you, is to identify a product or service that can be teachable to your employees, repeatable and valuable.
- Look at the products you sell and rate those that are teachable, repeatable, and valuable. The ones that score the highest has the best potential to sale.
- The most valuable companies sell a few products to lots of customers.
- Some of the best ways to teach your employees:
- Make it clear: Employees thrive when the expectations are clear.
- Write it down.
- Create a software.
- Identifying your products and ensuring it is valuable to your customer.
- Finding a recurring revenue source.
- Finding and using a subscription model that works for you.
- Providing specific proof points to your marketing.
- Lastly, John shares five of his eight unique drivers of a valuable company
- Financial performance - revenue
- Growth potential
- Your company needs to be independent
- Making sure there is a high proportion of recurring revenue
- Having systems and employees to drive revenue besides the entrepreneur
Resources & References Mentioned
Are You Ready to go from Idea to Launch in 3 months?
Direct download: JohnWarrillowFullEdit.lite.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am EDT