Hans Finzel is all about living your passion; doing what you love and loving what you do. This is the theme of his new book, “The Power of Passion in Leadership.” He has been married to his wife Donna for 40 years and together they have four grown children and 6 grandchildren that they enjoy spending time with.
Hans Finzel is our expert startup dad who shares advice on exercising leadership in your business and in your home. Here are some of the key points Hans discusses in this episode:
- Learning from teachable moments and why spending quality time with your child(ren) create great bonding moments.
- The importance of separating work from your home life.
- Sustaining a healthy marriage by dating your spouse and keeping each other as the primary focus in your marriage.
- Becoming a better leader:
- Practice the art of leadership and the importance of learning to improve
- Being a leader at home:
- Is less about being the boss and more about creating a partnership with your spouse
- Providing affirmation to your children and correcting the not so good things
- The formula to leadership
- Leader + Follower + Situation = Great Leadership
- Leader – you as the leader facing your own inner demons and getting healthier
- Followers – getting the wrong people off the bus and getting the right people on the bus
- Situations – providing the solutions that are not always easy
- Learning through failure and self-discovery
- Knowing when you are not good at certain things and being OK with hiring someone that does
- The importance of recruiting the right people
- Good leaders listen and learn
"If you’re a leader or a manager, study it and learn to be better." Hans Finzel
Resources & References Mentioned
Done For You Tech: Doneforyoutech.com is THE one-stop solution for ALL your online marketing tech headaches. Landing pages, sales pages, webinars… the list goes on and on. Check ‘em all off by heading over to doneforyoutech.com/startupdad and get a FREE sales page designed when you order a new website.
"Keep listening and learning and then you will become a great leader." Hans Finzel
Direct download: HansFinzel_mixdown.lite.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am EST