Top 3: #1 Single Biggest Struggle StartupDad Face
- Funding / Validation
A few answers to Question #1 on the Survey:
- Managing my energy. A few years ago I would have said time, and as a father of 6, time management is still a daily challenge. But I've found that managing my energy and focus is really the only solution to time. I can separate myself and have all day to tackle ideas, but if my energy is low, it will be largely unproductive. Lack of energy is the hallmark of raising small children, the thing we parents all tend to have in common. If you're like me, you listen to something like The Miracle Morning and think - that's great - I could totally get up at 5am and take an hour or two to myself. And I did... for years. It's really not that hard once you get going and have momentum. But as a parents of young children again, we're often up at 11, 1, 3 and 5am feeding babies or soothing bad dreams. What's lost as a business owner is not necessarily time, but the energy the next day to make the most of the time I've been given. The juice to be creative, create content, and negotiate deals.
- Knowing when to start working and knowing when to stop. The boundaries get blurred a lot with me. Also, sometimes I just don't "feel like" working and hanging with the fam is a convenient option to help me procrastinate.
- I am brand new to being an entrepreneur...my biggest challenge is not knowing what I don't know yet or who. Coming from a large company, it was clear who the finance dept was... now I must build my network of talented/honest people to have that relationships with and this will take a lot of time and effort. Before I didn't need to know the tax code, now I need an understanding of it.
- Focus and balance. There is a spectrum of "outside" influences they weigh on a successful father/husband/CEO. The Dad demands are just a few amongst the many. How do others deal with them effectively?
- it's probably time and energy. i have a job/career at a global 100 firm. a family with 2 busy kids. it's hard to find time to take care of myself. take care of my relationship with my wife and kids. time to sleep and reboot. ugh.. 3 Ways Entrepreneur Parents Can Reclaim 2 Hours, Daily!
3 Ways Entrepreneur Parents Can Reclaim 2 Hours, Daily!
- One Word… Compostable! – Savings: 40 minutes
- Shut Off __________ (insert any mobile device). – Savings: 90 minutes
- Wake up Before They Do! – Savings: Priceless
Read it HERE
- Free Ebook: The Clock, The Mind and The Compass: The Ultimate StartupDad Guide to Mastering Time and Living Your Legacy. I’ll give you a hint: Mastering Time is an Inside Job.
- Take the Survey
Call to action:
- If I had a weekly LIVE show on blab, let’s say I called it, The StartupDad Roundtable would you watch it? Would you ask questions and or jump on live with us? if so text, "roundtable" all one word to (647) 558-9895
Direct download: The_Clock_Audience_Survey_Results__mixdown.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am EDT